Regular Price: $29.95
Special Price $24.99
Author: Paul Adkins Pages: 192 Cover: Paperback
Based on Five Elements theory, this practical, fully illustrated guide to performing facial enhancement acupuncture (also known as cosmetic acupuncture, facial revitalisation or facial rejuvenation acupuncture) shows in detail the acupuncture points, techniques and equipment used in this procedure. Facial enhancement acupuncture targets points and muscles of the face in order to improve the elasticity of the skin and general overall appearance, as well as addressing constitutional points on the legs, arms and body to balance and harmonise the inner elements. The author clearly explains the rationale behind the needling of each face and neck point, which are shown in colour illustrations. He also discusses the advantages of acupuncture over surgical intervention in dealing with wrinkles and sagging jaw lines, and a chapter is included on discussing treatment with prospective patients, follow up and after care.
As well as significantly improving the cosmetic appearance, facial acupuncture also has a strong whole body effect on the health and wellbeing of the person treated, and has a long and distinguished history in Chinese medicine. The book is the perfect introduction for acupuncturists and acupuncture students who want to learn how to incorporate this alternative to surgical procedures into their practice.Learn More
Regular Price: $22.95
Special Price $18.36
Editor in Chief: Professor Chang Xiaorong
Paperback, 80 pages + DVD
This introduction to the key principles of needling techniques for acupuncturists has been produced with the needs of the student in mind, and serves as a core learning tool for beginners, and a handy reference for later use.
The book covers everything from the basics of good practice in care of filiform needles, through methods of insertion, to manipulation and the arrival of Qi. Reinforcing and reducing methods of acupuncture are explained, as are the four essential needling manipulations of Dragon-Tiger-Tortoise-Phoenix. The book concludes with practical chapters on the retention and withdrawal of needles, and the management and prevention of accidents. Explanations are clear and illustrated with diagrams, and fully demonstrated in action on the accompanying DVD (for PC only). For ease of use, all key manipulations and principles are indexed on the DVD for quick reference and easy repetition.
This practical guide will be an invaluable learning and reference aid to all students and practitioners of acupuncture.
1. Structure, Specification, Checking and Maintenance of the Filiform Needle. 2. Needling Practice. 3. Preparation. 4. Insertions. 5. Direction, Angle and Depth of Insertion. 6. Manipulations and Arrival of Qi. 7. The Reinforcing and Reducing Methods of Acupuncture. 8. Four Comprehensive Needling Manipulations Called Dragon-Tiger-Tortoise-Phoenix. 9. Retention and Withdrawal of Needles. 10. Management and Prevention of Accidents. 11. Precautions.Learn More
Regular Price: $49.95
Special Price $39.96
Professor Chang Xiaorong, Professor Hong Jing and Professor Yi Shouxiang
Paperback, 352 pages
This authoritative text provides a complete overview of Chinese moxibustion techniques and methods, including detailed treatments and contraindications for a wide range of conditions.
The authors cover the fundamentals of theory as well as the skills and techniques practitioners will need, and provide a detailed summary of all of the acupoints commonly used in moxatherapy. The book also covers the ways in which moxatherapy can be used to cultivate general health and wellbeing in patients, and explains in detail how to treat a wide range of complaints; for each complaint, descriptions of typical cases and the acupoints and procedures needed for treatment are provided.
Extensively illustrated with photographs which clearly demonstrate clinical procedures, this is an essential reference for practitioners and students of acupuncture.Learn More
Regular Price: $66.95
Special Price $29.98Provides a single authoritative reference source on CAM for health professionals
· Takes a systematic and evidence-based approach
· Offers concise information on CAM diagnostic methods and treatments
· Summarizes clinical trial data on the effectiveness of CAM for specific conditions
· Alerts readers to cases where CAM may be risky or inappropriate
· Weighs up the benefits and risks of each CAM treatment
· Makes recommendations for practice in the context of conventional medical management
· Includes CD-ROM with fully searchable text
· CD-ROM includes links to Medline
· Thoroughly revised, updated and expanded
· Additional forms of CAM therapies and medicine
· Additional conditions frequently treated with CAM
· All literature searches fully updated and hundreds of new trials reviewed
This new edition of the Treatment of Pain with Chinese Herbs and Acupuncture gives a thorough and analytical review of the diagnosis and treatment options for pain using acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine.
Save 60% Limited Stocks!Learn More
An overview of the theoretical foundations of electroacupuncture, together with experimental and clinical evidence for its efficacy.Learn More
Regular Price: $61.95
Special Price $30.98
Integrating acupuncture and manual therapy practice, this book utilizes the knowledge and skill of manual therapists within their own field of expertise whilst incorporating knowledge from known acupuncture experts in the field of clinical practice, research and education.Learn More